Saturday, June 6, 2015

El Teatro, 100 Montaditos, Sugar, y Nit Bus

Yesterday the 6th graders put on a play at the local theater (by local I mean it was a one minute walk from the school). I expected something very casual, but it was so professional!  The costumes, the make up, the lighting, the music, the sound effects, the FOG MACHINE! And they were really into it, smiling big.  Even though it was, of course, entirely in Catalan, I found myself on the edge of my seat the entire time, brimming with pride as I watched my students act their hearts out.

Last night, I ventured into Barcelona for one last night of dancing with my ladies and our Colombian friends.  What can I say about last night? It doesn´t matter where you are in the world as long as you have people by your side who will make you laugh and have fun.

Here are my reviews of the places we visited last night:

*100 Montaditos (4/5 stars): A restaurant in the heart of Barcelona, right in Placa Catalunya. They have a menu consisting of.... you guessed it.... 100 mini sandwiches ranging from 1 to 2 euros.  Salads are about 3 euros, and drinks range from 1 to 3 euros.  Super cheap, definitely tasty.  My only criticism would be that they kind of skimp on the sandwich fillings (but who can complain at that price?) AND they forgot one of our sandwiches.  But we ordered a lot.

*Sugar (4/5 stars): A bar near Placa Reial.  Really tiny, but we got there just in time to grab seats and reasonably priced, tasty cocktails.  The music was... interesting.  Not bad, not the best.  No creepers, so that was a plus. We had a nice time there.  I would recommend it.

*BLVD Barcelona (3/5 stars): A nightclub on Las Ramblas. I have been there before.  There is decent music for dancing.... hip hop, pop, and house music.  It´s a lot of fun, and if you get on the guestlist, you get in for free and they give you a free drink.  That´s nice.  The bartenders are also nice.  They will hunt for toilet paper for you when the lavabos have run out.  The only thing is that it is so touristy.  I don´t think any locals go there.  Not that that is a problem, but I am just saying that you could easily step inside and think that you´re in the good old USA.

*Nit Bus (5/5 stars): Why yes, I am reviewing the autobus! I didn´t want to get a hostel, so I decided to catch the Nit Bus back to my town.  It comes only once a night, at exactly 3:07 am.  So you´d better be ready!  I was so relieved to have this option.  Hostels are a great option if you want to stay in the city, but if you want to get back home without paying an arm and a leg, this is great.  I only wish I had known about it sooner.  It was three euros, and less than thirty minutes after departing from Catalunya, I was back in my town.  The bus was clean, quick, and I didn´t spot any creepers. Win.

So if you are visiting Barcelona and need ideas for food, drinks, dancing, or transportation, I´ve got your back. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment